Bee

Bee
"There is power in our love for God and for His children, and when that love is tangibly manifest in millions of acts of Christian kindness, it will sweeten and nourish the world with the life sustaining nectar of faith, hope, and charity" -Elder M. Russell Ballard (Click on the picture to read this great talk!)

Saturday, May 11, 2013

I Like to Look for Rainbows

Long have I been in love with this Primary song: When I Am Baptized

I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

I know when I am baptised my wrongs are washed away,
and I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

Words and music by Nita Dale Milner

It's more than just the sweet, simple words or the lovely music.  My heart is stirred and I know that it is true, we can be forgiven of our sins and God remembers them no more!

Faith in Jesus Christ and repentance prepares us for the ordinances of baptism and confirmation.  This ordinance shows that we are entering into a covenant, or a binding and solemn agreement, with God.  God promises to bless us, and we promise to obey Him.  Keeping our covenants brings blessings in this life and exaltation in the life to come.

Through baptism we covenant to take upon ourselves the name of Jesus Christ, always remember Him, and keep His commandments.  As we keep our part of the covenant, God promises the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, a remission of our sins, and being born again.

We are baptised by immersion for the remission, or forgiveness, of sins.  The immersion represents the end of our old life of sin, and a commitment to live a new life as a disciple of Christ.  It is a rebirth.  We must be baptised to become a member of the restored Church and eventually enter into the kingdom of heaven.  Little children do not need to be baptised, and are redeemed through the mercy of Jesus Christ.  When they reach the age of accountability, or eight years old, they can then choose to be baptised.

Partaking of the sacrament weekly is a way of renewing and remembering the covenant of baptism.  It helps us to be worthy to have the Holy Ghost with us daily for direction and comfort.

Christ's Example
2 Nephi 31:4-18
Matthew 3:13-17

The Baptismal Covenant
Mosiah 5:8-10
Mosiah 18:8-10
D&C 20:37

Qualifications for Baptism
2 Nephi 9:23
Mosiah 18:8-10
Alma 7:14-15
3 Nephi 11:23-27
Moroni 6:1-4
D&C 20:37
Acts 2:37-39

The Lord Institutes the Sacrament
3 Nephi 18:1-18
Luke 22:15-20

Promised Blessings of Baptism
Mosiah 4:11-12, 26
Moroni 8:25-26
John 3:5
Romans 6:4

Partaking of the Sacrament
D&C 27:2
1 Corinthians 11:23-29

Necessity for Authority
D&C 22
Hebrews 5:4

No comments:

Post a Comment