Bee

Bee
"There is power in our love for God and for His children, and when that love is tangibly manifest in millions of acts of Christian kindness, it will sweeten and nourish the world with the life sustaining nectar of faith, hope, and charity" -Elder M. Russell Ballard (Click on the picture to read this great talk!)

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Life is Love

I had a dream, just barely.  I can't sleep so, let me share.

A boy walked in the snow, sad and lonely.  He wondered how other people could be so happy.  He wondered what was missing from his own life.  He kicked the snow with his boot and the shape of a heart appeared.  That was it...love.  Love was missing from his life.  Real, honest, sweet love.  He found the gospel of Jesus Christ.  He knew it was true because Christ loved us enough to die for us, so we could be saved from Satan's selfish grasp.  All things live because of the love of Christ.

This made me think of the little seedlings I planted weeks ago.  I had flowers and herbs that were beginning to sprout.  I was excited they were getting ready to plant in the ground.  I left them out in the sun one day, planning on planting them.  Well, of course, I got busy and forgot about them for several days.  The heat withered them and once I remembered them it was too late.  I brought them inside and watered them, but they would not revive.  I realized I had not loved them enough...or I wouldn't have forgotten them.  I had let them down.

We get busy with our lives sometimes and we forget to shower love on our families and friends.  This I am also guilty of.  I would like to be better.  It really is as easy as remembering to water plants.  I just need to remember to shower love wherever I go, then happiness and love of family and friends will grow.

Christ really does love us, and remembers us, even when people fail to. He sorrows with us and cherishes us.  Unfortunately sometimes we put up umbrellas and refuse to receive or notice His love.  If you don't feel loved, think of Christ suffering in Gethsemane, and on the cross.  He did it out of love.  Be on the lookout for true love wherever you go.  It's out there. Find it and especially, share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment