Bee

Bee
"There is power in our love for God and for His children, and when that love is tangibly manifest in millions of acts of Christian kindness, it will sweeten and nourish the world with the life sustaining nectar of faith, hope, and charity" -Elder M. Russell Ballard (Click on the picture to read this great talk!)

Friday, January 18, 2013

Be Still

Just close your eyes and sit and think for five minutes...see if you can actually do it.

No...no texting.  Actually, just turn your phone off completely.

Why is this so difficult?

What do you think about?
Let me guess:
1) Something you know you shouldn't do, and try really hard not to think about, is beginning to nag at you if you sit still long enough.
2) Something you know you should do, but don't want to think about, and hence the need to distract yourself constantly.

If you can calm your mind and focus on worthy thoughts some great things can happen.  I am starting to learn that if I actually allow myself to sit quietly for a few minutes I have thoughts come to me and I really don't feel like they originated from me.  I believe that I am learning how God speaks to me.

He's always there trying to tell us something, but He will not shout at us.  He waits.  When we are quiet and calm in mind He can whisper good and helpful thoughts to our mind and hearts.

Like the saying goes: "If God feels far away, guess who moved?"

Anyways, that is all for today.  Have a wonderful weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment