Bee

Bee
"There is power in our love for God and for His children, and when that love is tangibly manifest in millions of acts of Christian kindness, it will sweeten and nourish the world with the life sustaining nectar of faith, hope, and charity" -Elder M. Russell Ballard (Click on the picture to read this great talk!)

Friday, February 1, 2013

Recognizing Truth

The message of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and the Book of Mormon, is either true or it is not.

So, how can you find out?

Moroni 10:3-5 states:
   "Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder in your hearts.
   And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."
Pray to Heavenly Father and express the feelings in your heart.  End in the name of Jesus Christ.

I'll admit I'm not a pro at this praying thing, but I am learning.  I like to take a minute after praying to see what thoughts come into my mind. These can be from God, even if it seems like just from ourselves.  These thoughts come throughout the day if I am keeping a "prayer in my heart."  Also reading the scriptures each day can help me feel the spirit and spur thoughts about what I should do if I'm seeking guidance.

Do you ever get an idea in your mind that will not go away?  Well, I believe (if it's an uplifting, unselfish thought that you feel good about) that it could also be a message from God about something you should do.  The trick is to do it, even if a part of you really doesn't like the idea.  God knows who He wants you to become; unfortunately, we often have our own agenda.  It's usually not until much later that we understand God's wisdom.

Love this:

Learning to Recognize Answers to Prayer
by Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Across from me a woman sat sobbing. With tear-filled eyes, she told me, "I don't know what I believe anymore."  She spoke of having struggled and prayed many days to know how to make a vitally important decision in her life, without success.  She anguished, "I don't know what to do.  If you'll tell me what to do, I'll do it."  With her hand on the scriptures, she said, "God told us He would help us.  He answers everybody else's prayers.  Why won't He answer mine?"

Read more....

It is my wish that we can all come a step closer to recognizing the will of God in our lives.  I know that through the gospel of Jesus Christ we can be released from the chains of sin and realize that God has been there all the time, encouraging us through all our struggles.

I know without a doubt that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lords church today with all laws, ordinances and priesthood that originally existed when Christ first instituted it.  Yes, big news!  Being a member all my life, sometimes you don't feel the full meaning of it until you really look around at the world.  I see so much sadness and anger, and feel helpless.  But I know that the truth that I know can change the world.  It just needs to penetrate through the murky gloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment